[Asterisk-Users] Interfacing with Asterisk from PHP

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Wed Mar 26 08:55:47 MST 2003

On Wed, 2003-03-26 at 08:56, Warren Bird wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am wanting to write a PHP Web Application that interfaces with the
> Asterisk PBX. Is this possible? Is there any SDK or API that anyone
> has written to do this?
>
> Examples of what I want to do:
>
> Dial a number from a web application and transfer it to a specific
> extension...

Look at the sample.call file in the asterisk source. You can create a
simple text file to make the call.

> Report on a Web Site that status of all channels on the PBX. For
> instance, to create a receptionist console like existing commercial
> PBX's.

gastman does what you want. A html based web page would not be useful as
a console. You would probably have to upgrade to java or some other
webbased technology. Just try gastman, and if you need it on windows,
maybe you could help make it a bit more stable.