[Asterisk-Users] more problems with iconnect

Gregg Lebovitz gregg at lebovitz.net
Mon Mar 24 11:03:53 MST 2003

I have iconnect working with compressed codecs (g723.1 and gsm), but I
cannot get g711 ulaw or alaw working. Both are supported by iconnect.
When I make a call without the 7777 prefix, the call completes and the
streams open, but I can't hear anything.

I am using a linejack card with format=ulaw. My SIP configuration as
ulaw and alaw enabled. When I run "sip debug", everything looks normal.
Asterisk and the iconnect cisco gateway negotiate for PCMu/8000 which I
believe is ulaw.

Does anyone have suggestions? I am using a nat/pat router, but this
should have no effect on outgoing calls. Besides, the same configuration
works for the GSM codec.

I am setting up Asterisk as a supplimentary PBX to an old WIN/100D
switch. Everything is working except the g711 to iconnect.

Any suggestions?

Gregg