[Asterisk-Users] Help with linejack as a trunk?

Dave Packham dave.packham at utah.edu
Mon Mar 24 10:45:51 MST 2003

I made this change and I still get a busy when I hit the 6th number of a
7 digit dial +9 for the outside line?  any thoughts?  I do have the
phone0 defined as inbound too?  even if I undefine that i still have
problems.  what files do you need to see for this problem? ill include
the ext.conf and phone.conf with this email.

Thanks again
Dave

On Friday 21 March 2003 22:55, Dave Packham wrote:
> I have a linejack and a phone jack in my asterisk server
> working well between the SIP phones and the phonejack.  what I
> cannot get to work is the outbound linejack Phone/phone0 trunk
> line?  how can I get a SIP or Phone/phone1 phonejack phone to
> dial 9 then outside number and pickup Phone/phone0 and dial
> it?  right now it accepts a 95551212 but busy's on the last
> digit 2. no outside dial.  would the sip debug help? ill post
> if you need
>
> Thanks
> Dave Packham
>
> I have this in my extensions.conf
> and have tried both of the below options

---snip---

> [trunklocal]
>
> ;
>
> ; Local seven-digit dialing accessed through trunk interface
>
> ;
>
> exten => _9NXXXXXX,1,StripMSD,1
>
> exten => _NXXXXXX,1,Dial,Phone/phone0/BYEXTENSION

Here's your problem: you've defined an initial priority to
stripMSD, but no secondary priority for the stripped number
(btw, BYEXTENSION is now deprecated):

exten => _9NXXNXXX,1,StripMSD,1
exten => _NXXNXXX,2,Dial,Phone/phone0/${EXTEN}

-Tilghman