[Asterisk-Users] AGI or somthing else??

WipeOut . wipeout at linuxmail.org
Sun Mar 23 07:03:10 MST 2003

Hi,

I know that AGI can be used to determine variables from external
sources, but AGI can only be used from the extensions.conf file.

Is there anyway to retrieve external information for the sip.conf
file??

Here is why..

I will have users on remote networks with dynamic IP addys..

I have an application that can log the IP address of the person
that sucessfully logs into it..

So I want to tie the app system together with the PBX in that
by authenticating to the app a user will be granted access to
the PBX using a SIP phone based on the IP address, so users don't
have to remember another password.

Any ideas how this could be done?

Thanks..