[Asterisk-Users] Help with linejack as a trunk?

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Sat Mar 22 17:00:52 MST 2003

Tilghman Lesher wrote:> On Saturday 22 March 2003 12:11, Brian Capouch
wrote:

>>Does asterisk work now with the linejack in terms of both
>>incoming and outgoing calls?
>>
>>That would be sweet, but I thought it was only one direction
>>or the other, and so I gave up on the idea of using mine.
>

> AFAIK, it has always worked for both incoming and outgoing
> calls.  What it canNOT do is to provide both an FXO (line) as
> well as an FXS (station) interface at the same time.  In other
> words, it provides a single channel which can be provisioned
> as an FXO or an FXS at any single time, reprovisioning the
> interface would require a configuration file change and a
> restart of asterisk, and reprovisioning cannot happen
> dynamically within the call plan.

I wonder if that's the case. . .

I am working with a known-good (i.e. works with H.323 ohphone) Linejack.

I have it conf'ed, basically, like this:

mode=fxo
device => /dev/phone0

But "show channels" doesn't show anything, and when I try to dial I get
these errors:

     -- Executing
Dial("IAX[bc at 192.168.1.10:5036]/6","Phone/phone0/5551212") in new stack
NOTICE[24591]: File app_dial.c, Line 443 (dial_exec): Unable to create
channel of type 'Phone'
   == Everyone is busy at this time

I thought I had read a couple of threads on this list that the Linejack
only does inbound calling. . . . It does seem to work OK when I
configure it that way.

??

B.