[Asterisk-Users] Help with linejack as a trunk?

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Sat Mar 22 11:45:13 MST 2003

On Saturday 22 March 2003 12:11, Brian Capouch wrote:
> Does asterisk work now with the linejack in terms of both
> incoming and outgoing calls?
>
> That would be sweet, but I thought it was only one direction
> or the other, and so I gave up on the idea of using mine.

AFAIK, it has always worked for both incoming and outgoing
calls.  What it canNOT do is to provide both an FXO (line) as
well as an FXS (station) interface at the same time.  In other
words, it provides a single channel which can be provisioned
as an FXO or an FXS at any single time, reprovisioning the
interface would require a configuration file change and a
restart of asterisk, and reprovisioning cannot happen
dynamically within the call plan.

-Tilghman