[Asterisk-Users] IAX weirdness

Jim Gottlieb jimmy-ml at nccom.com
Sat Mar 22 14:30:33 MST 2003

I loaded the latest CVS this morning on the machine we use as our main
IAX gateway.  I often use this gateway to connect to an IVR machine
that doesn't have a T-span, so I connect via IAX.

However, after installing the new * release, calls to the IVR machine
acted strangely.  The main problem was that various voice prompts were
missing or would cut off after a brief instant.

For example, instead of playing "Please record your message at the
tone", "beep", it just played the "beep".  There was no dead time when
it should have been playing the prompt; it just skipped it.  (Our
prompts are in µ-law format if that makes a difference.)

When I pressed the option for billing to a credit card, instead of
"Enter your credit card number", it would just play "Ent...".

This was not completely consistent.  On some calls the prompts would
play; on others we would get this behavior.  Reverting to our prior *
version on our IAX gateway made everything work again.