[Asterisk-Users] Maybe a little OT: usb-uhci module...

Stefano Finetti ssfinetti at lynxautomotive.it
Fri Mar 21 12:52:33 MST 2003

Havin changed machine (now running Debian 3.0r1) I newly have problems
compiling ztdummy.

I've again the *unresolved symbols* for ztdummy.

So, I've downloaded a now fresh 2.4.20 kernel source, compiled it
successfully enabling USB, ISDN, PPP, as modules, according to what I've
read in this ML and its archives.

But, when I reboot the machine with the new kernel, and go into
/lib/modules/2.4.20/kernel/drivers/usb, i don't find the usb-uhci.o module,
just an "uhci.o" module. It's named the "Alternate USB-UHCI" module, I tried
to recompile again giving "N" option to the question "Use alternate UHCI
driver", and the result has been no uhci.o nor usb-uhci.o module.

The ppp_generic and usbcore required for ztdummy are correctly present and
compiled.

Any suggestion on the kernel parameter for having again the usb-uhci.o file?

(BTW, using the default kernel 2.4.18-686 that comes with debby, i have the
usb-uhci but still have the unresolved symbol, and also I've problems with
my ISDN Asuscom modem that i'm tryng to use with modem.conf - It sees it,
load the channel driver, but if I dial the extension
"modem/ttyI0:0/$(EXTEN)" it starts calling doing nothing, nor errors not
warning, just going in "nobody picked up after xxxx ms".

--
Stefano Finetti
Technical Coordinator
ssfinetti at lynxautomotive.it