[Asterisk-Users] ISDN on PRI

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Thu Mar 20 14:18:05 MST 2003

In our area Adelphia just contacted us and told us that any account
under $500/month was going to get dicontinued. Due to this, and the fact
that they are agressively pricing their T1 service, we are thinking
about changing carriers for our voice T1. Adelphia is offering us a PRI
for $650/month.

So, the reason for this message is that we currently have a ISDN line
that is used for a PtP link so we don't have to encrypt traffic between
a windows machine and our linux servers. I see in the zaptel drivers we
can do SyncPPP. Does the SyncPPP support bonding of channels? It
probably doesn't matter since 64K would handle our traffic most of the
time.

We just are looking at another $100/month savings by being able to drop
the ISDN line and having it piggy back the PRI.