[Asterisk-Users] Voicemail Retrival on Pingtel xpressa

Florian Overkamp florian at obsimref.com
Tue Mar 18 23:46:30 MST 2003

At 15:45 18-3-2003 -0700, you wrote:
>   You use the browser-based interface to specity a complete SIP URL for
>    retrieving messages from the target mailbox. Some examples follow.
>
>    sip:sub-username-retrieve-inpin at sipserver
>    sip:username at vm.pingtel.com;function=retrieve
>    sip:username at voicemail.pingtel.com;msgId=4
>
>    To determine the appropriate syntax to use in identifying the SIP URL,
>    refer to the documentation supplied with your voicemail server.
>
>It is the last sentence that compelled me to post this message. I don't
>know the syntax or if there even is proper syntax, or if asterisk can even
>do this yet.

Asterisk can surely do it, but you need some provisioning.

Assume you have an internal number to call to reach your voicemailbox
(VoiceMailMain). Let's say its 8000 in your local context. You could then
probably use 'sip:8000 at asteriskbox.internal.net' in the Pingtel phone.

It can be made a little more userfriendly if you support matching
callerid's with voicemailboxes. For example, on one of my local boxes I
used a little AGI script, containing:

--------------
switch($clid) {
   // enter the mailbox number for each valid callerid
   // prepend 's' if you wish to trust the callerid and skip the password check
   case "3001":  $parms = "s3000"; break;
   case "0612345678":    $parms = "s3000"; break;
   default: $parms = "0"; break;
}
if($parms != "") $parms = " $parms";

echo "EXEC VoiceMailMain$parms\n";

This allows the user to skip the username and password prompts and go
directly to their mailbox.

Hope this helps.

Florian