[Asterisk-Users] Voicemail Retrival on Pingtel xpressa

Matthew S. Hill mhill at comphealth.com
Tue Mar 18 15:45:33 MST 2003

Anybody know the syntax to retrive voicemail using the pingtel xpressa
phones?

I know the parameter is

PHONESET_VOICEMAIL_RETRIEVE=

What I don't know is - what value to set the parameter.
So, when a user pushes the new voicemail button it calls the asterisk
general voicemail.

some examples of other voicemail servers follow (from the pingtel admin
guide).

    You use the browser-based interface to specity a complete SIP URL for
    retrieving messages from the target mailbox. Some examples follow.

    sip:sub-username-retrieve-inpin at sipserver
    sip:username at vm.pingtel.com;function=retrieve
    sip:username at voicemail.pingtel.com;msgId=4

    To determine the appropriate syntax to use in identifying the SIP URL,
    refer to the documentation supplied with your voicemail server.

It is the last sentence that compelled me to post this message. I don't
know the syntax or if there even is proper syntax, or if asterisk can
even do this yet.

Thanks,

Matthew S. Hill
Systems Engineer