[Asterisk-Users] Products for use in Australia

Mon Mar 17 02:23:14 MST 2003

> Anyways,
> Is anyone aware of any products that will suit my application?

I use the traverse ISDN cards with a reasonable amount of success
(www.traverse.com.au). Combined with a ISDN Home or similar, you get two
channels to play with (plus callerid free of charge).

I also use the S100U with reasonable success...

Finally, my last step is with the Cisco ATA186 which also works reasonably.

The reason I say reasonably well is because I haven't quite solved the false
DTMF problem (I hear dtmf tones when the other person speaks) because I
can't find the kernel patch + asterisk patch to do this. I did find mention
that the kernel detection had been improved in 2.4.21-pre4, I'm now using
pre5 but didn't use it enough today to say if it is improved or not.

> Is there any plan to certify the digum products for use in Australia?

Would be nice :)

> Are there any products about that would be fine, but aren't supported by
> Asterisk?

Somone mentioned some internal netcomm modem type cards that sounded good
but are not supported.

> Is there anyone working on a product with 6 ports, configurable as
> FXO/FXS?

Not that I know of, within the next few weeks we should get the 1 to 4 port
FXS card (station card) where you can order between one and 4 ports...

Regards,
Adam