[Asterisk-Users] Products for use in Australia

Kent Williams kent2 at optusnet.com.au
Mon Mar 17 00:36:09 MST 2003

Hey guys,
I've noticed a bit of traffic lately about products (or lack of) that
can be used in Australia legally.
At the moment I have a zhone zplex and t100p running with asterisk but
am looking to change for the following reasons:
1. No incoming callerid on the zhone
2. Fan noise of the zhone
3. Not being compliant with the stupid Aussie telco regulations

I want to sell the t100p and zhone to replace it with a setup that
allows me to have 2 incoming lines from the telco and 4 handsets. I seem
to remember a pci card being mentioned that had 6 ports, each
configurable for fxo or fxs (although I could be imagining things as I
couldn't find the relevant post in the archives).

Anyways,
Is anyone aware of any products that will suit my application?
Is there any plan to certify the digum products for use in Australia?
Are there any products about that would be fine, but aren't supported by
Asterisk?
Is there anyone working on a product with 6 ports, configurable as
FXO/FXS?

Cheers,
Kent