[Asterisk-Users] ITSP requested features?

denon denon at denon.cx
Sun Mar 16 12:25:33 MST 2003

At 01:58 PM 3/16/2003 -0500, you wrote:

>What else appeals to you?  Voicemail delivery via SMTP?

Yes, but most pbx users will most likely be doing this on their own, so I
don't know how important it is.

>Automatic call
>forwarding to a PSTN number when your SIP client isn't registered?

Sure, but again, how many PBXs go down for long periods of time? Generally
that type of routing would be done with an extensions.conf, even though
it's inefficient to take the stream in, and route it back again. .

>  Call
>record billing statements with custom accounting codes?

Nah, in the pbx. .

>  IAX protocol
>support?

Yep. IAX2 preferably.

>911 emergency call routing?  Unlimited international calls?

Unlimited International would be nice, though I don't know how economical
it would be.  How about unlimited to certain countries ..

Keep in mind, you're not the only kid on the block .. lots of people
already working to implement IAX support, so you'll need something unique -
whether it be price or unlimited international, etc.

denon