[Asterisk-Users] ITSP requested features?

Nathan Lutchansky lutchann-asteriskusr at litech.org
Sun Mar 16 11:58:02 MST 2003

[Resent, since I accidentally sent from an unsubscribed address.]

I hope nobody minds if I do a bit of market research with the members of
this list.  :-)

I'm currently working with a company that's looking into providing a
VoIP-to-PSTN service for consumers, similar to Vonage and Iconnect.
Because we realize that technically-minded folks are a very important
market, we would try to provide features (and eliminate restrictions) to
appeal to individuals and businesses interested in implementing more
complex PBX systems than a single analog phone hooked to an ATA.

So the real question is, what do you want from your ITSP?  There are some
obvious answers, such as not requiring use of a closed hardware device
(like Vonage does) and allowing multiple simultaneous calls.

What else appeals to you?  Voicemail delivery via SMTP?  Automatic call
forwarding to a PSTN number when your SIP client isn't registered?  Call
record billing statements with custom accounting codes?  IAX protocol
support?  911 emergency call routing?  Unlimited international calls?
Free car wash with fill-up?  Which of these might be important to you?

I can't make any promises about which features we adopt or whether we even
end up deciding to provide service at all, but your input would be
valuable to us and hopefully improve your telephone service in the future!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or comments.  -Nathan

--
*** Help filter spam!  PGP-sign your email.
*** Expand your PGP Web of Trust with http://www.biglumber.com/