[Asterisk-Users] Commercial release of SIP-based IVR system

Eric Wieling eric at fnords.org
Sat Mar 15 11:39:22 MST 2003

To be fair to Java there are indications that the GUI parts of
Java are what cause the slowness people see.  i.e.  applications
without a GUI tend to compare favorably with compiled languages
for speed.  There are various benchmarks (see google) available.

That said, I just don't have enough experience with running Java
apps in a server enviroment and not enough experience dealing
with Java on a server and so I won't use Java unless there's a
VERY, VERY good reason (and there seldom is).

Yeah, it's tacky for this guy to have announced the product on
the mailing lists, but do you really think many asterisk users
will switch to it?