[Asterisk-Users] Iax or not iax?

Stefano Finetti ssfinetti at lynxautomotive.it
Fri Mar 14 15:40:17 MST 2003

I've two offices that will share a single E1 PRI connection on the main one,
and will use, internally,, ip phones by Cisco (7905 H.323).

I was wondering if it's better to install asterisk on both machines (the
main office and the remote one) or if I can (since the two linux box are
connected via permanent VPN tunnel) use a single asterisk installation in
junction with the OpenH323 Gatekeeper (Gnugk) to use both the telephones on
the main and the remote office.

Since I use H.323 with login based on userid and not via IP address, i think
i'll be able to avoid the second asterisk installation...

Something like this:

                E1 PRI (outside World)

IP Phones ----- Asterisk -----VPN ------LinuxBox------ IP Phones(remote)
                Gnu-GK -------   -----------/

Both the offices will use the E100P and the ISDN PRI to call outside, while
they will stai in H.323 context when calling internally.

Do you have any suggestion or advice about that kind of solution?
Since I've not started installing the machines yet, I'm open to any
modification on my plans ;-)

Thanks,

--
Stefano Finetti