[Asterisk-Users] chan_capi: advice needed on isdn card

Chris Wetemans cw at breda.com
Fri Mar 14 14:20:07 MST 2003

Since chan_capi now supports echo_cancellation on (some) eicon cards, i'm
considering buying another isdn-card.

On the moment I'm using an old Teles card with isdn4linux, but i get a
terrible echo when calling analog counterparts, and the delay is also quite
heafty.

1. If I get a (cheap) AVM-card (Fritz), and use CAPI, would the delay
(latency) be so small that an echo isn't noticeable anymore?

2. If the echo would still be noticeable would an EICON-card with echo
cancellation on board help a lot?

3. Which EICON-cards have echo cancellation and linux CAPI-support, the
cheaper client cards( DIVA Pro, DIVA+CT,...) or the expensive Server cards
(BRI-server, BRI-server voice, ....)

Thanks, Chris