[Asterisk-Users] SIP and MWI 7960

James Sizemore james at deny.org
Thu Mar 13 17:44:33 MST 2003

I don't think you understood my reply, I also don't use
Asterisk as a UA no calls are registered to Asterisk.
Asterisk just needs to be able reach the  phone.
For this you need a "peer" statement for each phone.
That never takes calls.  And a way for Asterisk to reach
the phone when it has a MWI message (host=phone_ip).
You can supply this ip with DDNS records. Asterisk
needs the ip supplied to it some-way, if the phone registers
with asterisk it has the ip to send the MWI message. If the
phones does not register, you need some way to supply
the ip. With out DDNS you would not be able to move
the phones from LAN to LAN and still get MWI.

Again you will need a peer like this:

[2114]
type=peer
username=2114