[Asterisk-Users] SIP and MWI 7960

billp billp at wjp.net
Thu Mar 13 16:19:45 MST 2003

I still do not think you understand my question...

I am using 'ser' for my SIP gatekeeper.

I am using asterisk for VOICEMAIL ONLY.

The only time incoming calls touch asterisk is when someone
does not answer their phone, and SER (the SIP gatekeeper)
redirects the caller to asterisk/port 5110 to take a message.

So- the question is- if asterisk is not the main
SIP gatekeeper, can it still signal the 7960 phone's MWI?

Either way-- I am looking for a successful unsolicited NOTIFY
text that actually turns on the MWI on a SIP 7960.  From that,
we can write our own MWI on/off routines if necessary.

thanks
bill