[Asterisk-Users] "Fax Handled: no" config

TC trclark at shaw.ca
Wed Mar 12 16:09:54 MST 2003

>And I know that the fax works okay; it's a production
>unit that gets used every day.
>
>As for the conf's, I've tried several things.  Here's
>my best guess so far:
>
>from zapata.conf:
>
>  context => incomingfax
>  channel => 47
>
>and from extensions.conf:
>
>  [incomingfax]
>  exten => s,1,Answer
>  exten => s,2,Wait,18
>  exten => s,3,Goto,incomingmain|s|1 ; roll to main
>  exten => fax,Dial,Zap/3
>
>Fax calls are answered, then * waits 18 seconds (while
>the fax machine is beeping) then * rolls the call to
>incomingmain|s|1.
>
>Ideas?
try removing the wait & use a non-blocking background

next I wonder why you need fax detect logic at all looks like
you have a dedicated fax machine on a dedicated channel
why don't you just send all [incomingFax] straight to Zap/3
 [incomingfax]
exten => s,1,Answer
exten => s,2,Dial,Zap/3

and in zapata.conf
context => incomingfax
immediate=yes ;ans w/o waiting 2 rings then use ans in ext context Need
usecallerid=no
usecallerid=no
channel => 47