[Asterisk-Users] iconnect quality?

Gregg Lebovitz gregg at lebovitz.net
Tue Mar 11 13:34:33 MST 2003

I haven't play around enough to know whether or not the 7777 prefix is a
toggle. I will do some experimenting and let you know. Right now I am
prefixing all my calls with 7777.

My experience is that when the carrier's format is G723.1, you can't
hear the incoming voice. When it is in G711 you can. I have made several
calls using G711 and they are acceptable quality. Note that if you
disallow=gsm in the sip.conf file you will get the 488 media errors you
reported earlier.

Below are my config files for sip and the linejack cards:

;
; SIP Configuration for Asterisk
;
[general]
port = 5060			; Port to bind to
bindaddr = 0.0.0.0		; Address to bind to
context=iconnect		; Default for incoming calls
allow=gsm
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw

;register=1813342XXXX:XXXXXX at sipauth.deltathree.com