[Asterisk-Users] # Ouch ... error while writing audio data: : Broken pipe

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Tue Mar 11 07:41:25 MST 2003

On Tue, 2003-03-11 at 05:41, James Sizemore wrote:
> I got the time to go back and investigate the problem.
> You may want to comment out messages in logger.conf
> by default, or have a comment in the README to add
> /var/log/asterisk/messages  to the log rotation. <smile>
>
> I found the max file size for ext3 file system. LOL
>
> -rw-r--r--    1 root     root     2147483647 Mar  9 04:05 messages

I'm glad you found your problem, and it makes me want to check my
systems. But, your file size limit for ext3 is wrong. Ext3 has a 2tb
limit not 2gb. Your kernel may have problems, or possibly you filled
your /var partition.

http://oss.software.ibm.com/developer/opensource/jfs/project/pub/jfslwe0103.pdf

look at page 32 of this PDF to show max file sizes of the different file
systems.