[Asterisk-Users] Full-Duplex on Voice Modem

Ron Gage ron at rongage.org
Mon Mar 10 06:54:18 MST 2003

Matt:

On Mon, 2003-03-10 at 00:11, Mathew Frank wrote:

> Fully duplex audio (AT VTR mode) is available on PCI hardware modems.
> Specifically the Banska/Netcomm  iNTRA released in 1999 (for which drivers
> are part of standard 2.4 kernel)   This comes in a 2, 4 and 8 port version
> on PCI and comes with an onboard processor.   It is capable of running up to
> 8 cards in a single machine - giving 64 ports in total.
>
> It was designed in part for use in IVR systems.

I just looked (via google).  This card seems to be an Australian only
type of product.  Can you think of any dealers in the States that carry
this card?

According the the Universal Currency Convertor (www.xe.com/ucc), $1.00
AUD == $0.615 USD.  Using this, the 2 channel card (at $395 AUD) can be
had for $243 USD - not counting shipping, taxes and tarriffs.  This
seems a touch high for the US markets.  For another $240, I can get an
actual T1 card (from Digium none the less) and actually drive a channel
bank (found some used ones on EBAY for under $100).

At $1400 AUD ($861 USD) for their 8 port version, there is no way to
justify the cost logically.

Neat product, but just too damn costly.

--
Ron Gage - Saginaw, Michigan