[Asterisk-Users] Using asterisk with ISDN - How to configure

Christoph Schütz ch.schuetz at addcom.de
Mon Mar 3 13:56:31 MST 2003

Hello,

first of all I have to say: I read the handbook but there are some questions
left I couldn't answer. It's very basicaly. Sorry about that.

I have a AVM B1 PCI - Card. I think there is a I4L and a Capi-Port installed.

1.  How can I define the right channels, how are they defined. I found the
modem.conf example with an ISDN section but how can I make asterisk load it?

2. Do I have to compile Zaptel, zapata or libpri ?

3. How can I dial, if I have configured anything. Is it only possible by using
the console or is there any frontend?

If there is somebody out there who solved this and has configuration files, I
would be pleased to get them as an example.

Thanks for help Christoph