[Asterisk-Users] How to use basic features?

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Sat Mar 8 22:45:30 MST 2003

On Saturday 08 March 2003 20:31, Jim Archer wrote:
> Hi All...
>
> This is a really basic question, but we can't figure out how
> to do things like put people on hold, transfer calls and so
> on.  Are there any docs on that?

"Hold" is essentially call parking.  If you include the following
line in your extensions.conf, in the appropriate section:
include => parkedcalls
Then transfer the call to extension 700 and note the parked
extension number (701-720).  When you dial that number,
the call comes back from parking.

For transfer, make sure that when you Dial the extension, you
specify option 't' (allow called extension to transfer).  When on
a call, simply flash the hook, dial the new extension, and hang
up.  If you flash hook again instead of hanging up, you'll have
a 3-way call.

-Tilghman