[Asterisk-Users] IPv4...NAT...etc

Jim Fleming JimFleming at ameritech.net
Wed Mar 5 19:26:45 MST 2003

Jon Pounder asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Wed, 05 Mar 2003 17:28:20 -0500
> > "why is there such a delay in getting ipv6 rolled out when it solves all these problems ?"
>
> I doubt that users will stop using NAT until ISPs stop charging
> per address for SOHO customers.
>
> So rather than spending the extra money or upgrading to a
> bussiness service people will use NAT.

========================

It is not static vs. dynamic...the problem is the I* society **routing regime**...it is a house of cards on a foundation of lies...

As other, more solid, transports become available, Asterisk-based systems and other similar systems
will be the natural place to add the features to route around the I* society's routing regime...
...that has to happen before the I* society discovers Asterisk and attempts to crush it with a task force...I*TF...

http://www.spectrum.ieee.org/select/1098/int.html
NATs are a no-no
HEATH: I was going to say that IEEE Spectrum should make it very clear that this group's consensus would appear to be: let's
discourage NATs--I mean the manufacture of them at all--because there is a real need for IPv6.

HUITEMA: It's more than that. There is a real need for security and you can't have security with NATs.

CERF: NAT is a guaranteed spoofing box in effect.