[Asterisk-Users] IPv4...NAT...etc

Jon Pounder JonP at inline.net
Wed Mar 5 17:25:40 MST 2003

At 06:08 PM 3/5/2003 -0600, you wrote:
>On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 05:45:13PM -0600, Jim Fleming wrote:
> > http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2003-March/008088.html
> > "why is there such a delay in getting ipv6 rolled out when it solves
> all these problems ?"
>
>I doubt that users will stop using NAT until ISPs stop charging
>per address for SOHO customers.

and if ipv6 made the addresses much more freely available your isp could
afford to dish out all you could ever want on a $20/month connection.

The ip's are not just free to the ISP, there is a cost associated with them
each year in addition to the bandwidth you use. Not to mention it makes
routing rules more complex the more ips an isp has to deal with in separate
groups.