[Asterisk-Users] IPv4...NAT...etc

Jim Fleming JimFleming at ameritech.net
Wed Mar 5 16:45:13 MST 2003

http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2003-March/008088.html
"why is there such a delay in getting ipv6 rolled out when it solves all these problems ?"
===
There are many reasons...
1. Leasing Address Space from the I* society (small s...aka the Big Lie Society) is not desirable by all people...
2. The IPv6 Privacy Problem...that is especially important in the area of computer telephony...
3. There is no shortage of IPv4 Address Space [1]
4. The 160 bits in the IPv4 Header can easily be used to store up to 43 bits of addressing (4+7=11+32=43)
5. The AM/FM InterNAT bit in the IPv4 Header can also be used to differentiate Next Generation higher-quality services...

...Asterisk is a natural extension of the NAT transition/evolution and helps to negate any need for IPv6...

Jim Fleming
http://IPv8.no-ip.com