[Asterisk-Users] iconnecthere 480 error: is there a workaround?

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Mon Mar 3 21:09:56 MST 2003

I get these errors  (480 "Temporarily...") when I try to use my
iconnect account quickly after hanging up on a previous session.
They have some sort of contention locking system which allows only
one call at a time on an account, and if you do not give it adequate
time to "settle", you'll hit that error type.  I have found that
waiting 15 seconds or so before making another call will ensure
completion.

Personally, I think they should let multiple sessions through on the
same account and have a "hard limit" set on consumablel minutes in a
monthly billing period. In other words, if their concern is about
fraud, then fine - make it such that the account holder must
"recharge" their account past a certain limit.  Don't limit my
burning of minutes due to poorly contrived fraud protection schemes;
heck, you'd think they'd want customer to burn up minutes as quickly
as possible.

JT