[Asterisk-Users] iconnecthere 480 error: is there a workaround?

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Mon Mar 3 19:01:50 MST 2003

I am going to have to find a fix for this problem or I'm going to have
to quit using iconnect.

About one call in 10 or so, iconnect's gateway gives me an error
(console output appended below).

So upon receiving the error, which as a 4XX error means, "Fatal,"
asterisk gives up and drops the call.  But not iconnect!!  The phone at
the other end starts ringing, and rings several times before the call is
dropped.

So the person at the other end, unless it's my friends who are now
inured to this, wonder WTF is going on.

I sent a mail to iconnect asking if they don't agree that it's broken,
but in the near-term I need to find a fix.

Thx.

B.

*****
Console output begins here, numbers elided to protect the innocent :-)

     -- Called 66661XXXNNNMMMM at iconnect
     -- Got SIP response 480 "Temporarily not available" back from
213.137.73.140
   == No one is available to answer at this time
WARNING[311310]: File pbx.c, Line 1179 (ast_pbx_run): Channel
'SIP/ata1-2da9' sent into invalid extension '66661XXXNNNMMMM' in context
'iconn', but no invalid handler