[Asterisk-Users] ISDN stuff (was pri pricing)

Jon Pounder JonP at inline.net
Mon Mar 3 15:16:56 MST 2003

Ok couple more questions :

1) the isdn modems (not cards) talk via serial port - according to the
isdn4linux docs i4l is not needed with these modems since they act like any
other modem with at commands etc. Are there any out there that actually
make the raw datastream available ?  Presumably then it would be simple to
rip apart the serial protocol and make a zap driver for it.

2) any one know of a list of the isdn cards which actually work with the
north american switch types ? I have seen comments about needing patches
for that in isdn4linux as well.

3) I am under the impression that with isdn4linux you lose a lot of the d
channel information like called number, "bulk callerid", etc which are
things the CAPI project seems to be working towards
Is this actually the case or am I misunderstanding ?