[Asterisk-Users] ISDN connection problem (i4l, not asterisk)

Steve Brown sbrown at cortland.com
Sun Mar 2 11:10:10 MST 2003

Sorry for a slightly off-topic question, but I'm getting desperate.

I tried to use asterisk to talk w/ ISDN line and tracked the problem to i4l.

I have a Diva PCI 2.02 (S/T) card and am running RH8 w/ 2.4.20 kernel
(first version that supports the 2.02 w/ hisax driver). The switch is a
5ESS running NI-1 protocol. The card sync's up and reports other traffic
on the line, but fails to send anything. Calls just timeout, not even
attempt to negotiate a tei. The same card will at least make (but not
receive) calls using the Eicon Windows XP driver.

de.alt.comm.isdn4linux is pretty lonely these days and the list at
isdn4linux.de is mostly spam. Maybe a post every few days, mostly
questions, including mine. I downloaded 700+ pages of specs from ETSI
which I really don't want to read.

Is anybody still working on i4l?
Is there a better way to contact the i4l guys?
Is anybody on this list successfully using this config?
Does anybody on this list speak q.921/q.931?

Thanks,

Steve