[Asterisk-Users] defaultip= in sip.conf doesnt work?

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Fri Jun 27 18:18:14 MST 2003

In my experiences with Cisco 79xx phones, if you have
"proxy_register: 1" set, then the phone will require a successful
REGISTER transaction before it will give you dialtone.  Try setting
that option to "0" and see what you get and if it works with
"defaultip=" below.

PS: I assume you are talking only about calls from * -> 7960, as you
have not mentioned any debugging that seems to be creating calls in
the other direction.

JT