[Asterisk-Users] (no subject)

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Fri Jun 27 15:03:38 MST 2003

On Friday 27 June 2003 03:03 pm, Bradley Greep wrote:
> I'm looking at getting the Dev light applications from digium
> and I have 2 Createive Labs voip blasters. The voip blaster
> supports the G.723.1 codec. After looking at Gnome meeting it does
> not talk unless you have a quicknet card for it. Can I make calls
> using asterisk and the digium cards to the Voip blaster. ie. From
> PSTN to through the X100P through * into the Voip Blaster. (Voip
> Blaster only supports G.723)

No, you can't.  I suspect this was part of the reason that the VoIP
Blaster was discontinued by Creative Labs (i.e. lack of
interoperability).

> I've read that * supports G.723 passthrough only?? What exaclty
> does that mean?

It means that Asterisk may blindly pass the audio from one client to
another, but it will not do any transcoding (such as would be needed
to go from a VoIP Blaster to the PSTN or to any other device which
does not support G.723).

-Tilghman