[Asterisk-Users] IAXTEL numbers and example

Andy Powell andy at beagles-den.demon.co.uk
Fri Jun 27 06:46:04 MST 2003

Hi,

During my recent chat with Oliver with regard to the NL IAX<->PSTN gateway one thing has cropped up.
Either my IAXTEL number is a bit dodgy or the example configs for IAXTEL numbers are wrong. My IAXTEL
number starts 17001, but the examples clearly exclude these numbers:

[iaxtel]
exten => _17XXNXXXXXX,1,Dial(IAX/user:password at iaxtel.com/${EXTEN}@iaxtel)
exten => _1888NXXXXXX,1,Dial(IAX/user:password at iaxtel.com/${EXTEN}@iaxtel)
exten => _1877NXXXXXX,1,Dial(IAX/user:password at iaxtel.com/${EXTEN}@iaxtel)
exten => _1866NXXXXXX,1,Dial(IAX/user:password at iaxtel.com/${EXTEN}@iaxtel)
exten => _1800NXXXXXX,1,Dial(IAX/user:password at iaxtel.com/${EXTEN}@iaxtel)

Note the first line, 17XX N XXXXXX ... and since N = digits 2-9 a 17001 number is
un-dialable.

Could someone clarify and if required make the appropriate changes to IAXTEL.COM
and the sample configs in CVS...

Many thanks

Andy