[Asterisk-Users] IAX -> IETF draft ??

Olaf Menzel menzel at fokus.fhg.de
Thu Jun 26 23:40:06 MST 2003

Hello,
---------

In several VoIP projects I have very often been asked if IAX is already an
IETF stanadard. I could not anwer this question and  I could not find any
IETF draft about this protocol. Can you point me to the right location or do
you know if Digium is going to publish the IAX protocol as a open standard in
a near future ? They often argued we should not use proprietary protocols in
our projects. A IETF draft would advance the acceptability of the IAX
protocol the in the world wide internet and research community.

regards

Olaf