[Asterisk-Users] mec3 experiment

Karl Putland karl at putland.linux-site.net
Thu Jun 26 08:59:07 MST 2003

I was fooling around with echo cans today.
I found that I could reproduce this problem regularly

t400p
adit600 for fxs
mec3 enabled

Two speaker phones side by side within about 8" of each other.
Put phone 1 offhook with speakerphone
Dial phone 2
Phone 2 rings and is loud enough to be picked up by the mic in phone 1
By the second ring the echocan thinks it's figured things out, but the
ringtone on phone 1 suddenly changes to a different sound.
Asterisk box is now completely locked up and the phones continue to ring
regardless of whether they are answered of hungup.

Same scenario with mec2 and all is well with the world.  Looks like I
won't be using mec3 anytime soon.  Is anyone else able to confirm this
issue with mec3?

--Karl

--
Karl Putland <karl at putland.linux-site.net>