[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk vs. system user accounts

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Wed Jun 25 07:32:04 MST 2003

Just a note, could you file a bug report about the way kmail deals with
your pgp signature? The way it currently deals with it is really just
noise to your message. If it was handled correctly then my email client
would actually go ahead and verify your message. As it is, I see the
signature, but it doesn't get verified and is essentially worthless.

On Wed, 2003-06-25 at 01:00, Rainer Jochem wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I think LDAP (or perhaps even better: an generic ODBC interface) is really the
> way you want:

ODBC == BAD
ODBC is the lowest common denominator for database connections. In this
case a full blown database is overkill for lookups mainly. You don't
need the whole SQL stuff. This is why LDAP would be okay, it essentially
is a flat file that can be searched fast and remotely.