[Asterisk-Users] 911/Emergency calls + Caller ID

Chris Witte cwitte at xmlhq.com
Tue Jun 24 06:56:10 MST 2003

> You risk hanging up on your other 911 callers... but everything is
> always a tradeoff.

In my experience, the 911 dispatcher can (does) pin the call, so that
even though the remote side hangs up, the line is not available for use
again until the dispatcher releases it.   I'd expect this to mean that
the proposed "hangup" would end up with the 911 operator transferred
from caller->caller->caller if asterisk were configured to re-use a line
for a new outbound 911 call...

chris.