[Asterisk-Users] Today's CVS version hangs on alsa module

pradeep kumar pradekk at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 21 14:36:28 MST 2003

Hi All,

I updated * from CVS today (ran make clean, install successfuly ) and when I
start it in console mode , it hangs forever trying to the load chan_alsa. A
snippet of the console log is provided below,after the alsa module
description, it justs sits . I had asterisk working before to todays
version.  Does anyone else have a similar problem, I am running stock RH9,
with ALSA drivers for a AvanceLogic4000 sound card.

Any help and guidance is much appreciated.

[chan_iax2.so] => (Inter Asterisk eXchange (Ver 2))
WARNING[1074445184]: File chan_iax2.c, Line 5497 (load_module): Unable to
open IAX timing interface: No such device
  == Manager registered action IAXpeers
  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/iax.conf': Found
WARNING[1074445184]: File chan_iax2.c, Line 4980 (set_config): Ignoring port
for now
  == Registered channel type 'IAX2' (Inter Asterisk eXchange Driver (Ver 2))
  == Using TOS bits 16
  == IAX Ready and Listening on 0.0.0.0 port 4569
[chan_local.so] => (Local Proxy Channel)
  == Registered channel type 'Local' (Local Proxy Channel Driver)
[chan_phone.so] => (Linux Telephony API Support)
  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/phone.conf': Found
  == Registered channel type 'Phone' (Standard Linux Telephony API Driver)
[chan_alsa.so] => (ALSA Console Channel Driver)

Thanks
Pradeep