[Asterisk-Users] Whats required for unblockable ANI / CLID?

K a z ikazdek at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 21 13:29:34 MST 2003

For our application we want to read the callers number back to them (calling
in on a 800# that would somehow point to multiple lines -- figuring that all
out still).

I was under the impression that calls to 800#'s are unblockable by the
caller (irregardless if they have caller id blocked or not).

I'm not sure if this is because of ANI or CLID (or if ANI _is_ CLID) or how
any of this works...

Could someone break this down for me?

What would I need to to do to ensure that the callers number can not be
blocked & available to us (to read back to them) in real-time?

Thanks in advance for any info