[Asterisk-Users] PRI & BRI question

Steven P. Donegan steve at LawNet.Com
Sat Jun 21 06:04:44 MST 2003

A BRI has 2 B channels (voice or data at 64k) and 1 D channel (signalling at 16k), a PRI has 23 B channels and 1 D channel (64k in
this case). From a telephony viewpoint that means a BRI has two voice channels and a PRI has 23.

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-admin at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-admin at lists.digium.com]On Behalf Of
firedude at shorelinuxsolutions.com
Sent: Saturday, June 21, 2003 5:39 AM
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] PRI & BRI question

Greetings all,
As most of you probably know from my previous questions on the list, I'm
still in the newbie category.  My question today is pretty brief, as I
told you all a few weeks ago I ordered a PRI from Verizon.  I understand
that there is a "B" channel that comes with this.  The question is just
what can I use this "B" channel for and how???
Thanks
AJ