[Asterisk-Users] Is it possible to do this with Asterisk?

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Thu Jun 19 20:50:12 MST 2003

On Thu, 2003-06-19 at 20:17, K a z wrote:
> Here's what I am trying to do...
>
> First I'll have a list of 4 digit numbers like:
>
> Code:OtherCode
> 1234:4321
> 9999:4444
> 3333:1111
>
> People will call our 800#, Have the number they
> are calling from read to them (ANI?) & then enter
> in the code (let's say 1234). If the code matches
> one on the list, then the OtherCode (4321 for 1234)
> will be read/spoken to them.
>
> With the exception of the usual recorded prompts,
> that's all I'm trying to do here.
>
> I would like to be able to have this system running on a 24 line card.
>
> Is it possible to do this with Asterisk?

These types of questions annot me to no end. This is a very simple thing
to get done, and should have taken no immagination to figure out via the
documentation.

What you want to do can easily done via many options. The SayNumber will
say a number as one large sentence, ie. 1234 will be read as one
thousand two hundred thirty four. Their is also SayDigits which will
split the 1234 into the component numbers and say each one individually,
ie. 1234 will be read one two three four. So this covers the repeating
of your code.

For the code lookup you can either use PGSQL to do postgres queries for
lookup of the code from one code the the other. You could use agi to do
anything more complex than a quick lookup. From with AGI you can do
saynumber or saydigits.