[Asterisk-Users] New Module app_perl

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Tue Jun 17 14:45:28 MST 2003

While I can only comment on what was on the list and not about what may
have been sent privately, I think some of the comments should have been
taken more lightly as they just showed you more ways to do it.

I admit that it is cool to have been able to do that, I have
reservations about "mod_perl"ing a dialplan. Perl is not known for being
light weight. Also mod_perl is known for requiring a restart for code
changes to be evident.

Please don't construe what I said there to be a flame, or a reason not
to continue exploring that project. I prefer my perl to be cgi styled so
that it goes away when I'm done. Although I could see redoing my oncall
redirector in a mod_perl function. I already have done it in perl via
AGI, and via PGSQL in extensions.conf. So far I have stuck to using the
PGSQL route because it is one less item to fail.

If you are a perl programmer just remember TIMTOWTDI.