[Asterisk-Users] X100P creating a short-circuit on line

Mark Spencer markster at digium.com
Tue Jun 17 03:49:39 MST 2003

> On Sun, 15 Jun 2003, John Laur wrote:
>
> > I do not think it is necessarily a hardware issue, as the line-in-use
> > lights do not light until the wcfxo kernel module is loaded. It would be
> > very nice for asterisk to be able to share these lines via the PBX..
>
> That is very interesting. I have assumed that it is hardware related. Our
> X100P is currently plugged into a POTS port of an ISDN TA and that seems
> to have overcome the line test problem. However, we really would liek it
> to be on a PSTN line.

I'm in Paris right now and can't test this change, but I've been
researching the DAA and there are a few international settings I can
change, so I've changed the driver in CVS so that you can specify
the operational mode.  Try "modprobe wcfxo opermode=1" if you're in most
of Europe and that should switch to CTR21 mode which slightly modifies a
few of the electrical characteristics of the DAA.

As we add modes you'll be able to see them with "modprobe wcfxo
opermode=-1" and then doing a dmesg.

Anyway all you folks that had some trouble like this try it out and let me
know if it makes any difference.

Mark