[Asterisk-Users] X100P questions

Anthony Wood woody+asterisk at switchonline.com.au
Mon Jun 16 17:51:49 MST 2003

On Mon, Jun 16, 2003 at 12:39:20AM -0500, Asterisk wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I've been following this list for several weeks now and would like to
> purchase some hardware for a VOIP/ voice-mail solution.  This card appears
> strikingly similar to a modem.  Is it?  Is there a product to bring in more

Well it has an RJ12 port and plugs into your computer and is green and has some
chips and stuff on it, it is very similar looking :-)

I think it is very similar in hardware and concept to a
winmodem/linuxmodem/softwaremodem.

> than one POTS line short of a full T1?  It just seems silly that the
> technology hasn't advanced any further than to have a single line per card.

Well there are some products which may fit your bill, but will take more of your bills:

www.voicetronix.com sells a 4 port PCI FXO at about AU$1000, a 6 port
FXO/FXS (jumper selectable) at about AU$1500, and a 12 port PCI
FXO/FXS (jumpers) at about AU$3000.

(AU$1.50 =~ US$1)

Also Dialogic:

Dialogic D/41JCT-LS 4-port analog + voice - US$882.29
VFX/41JCT-LS 4-port analog + voice + fax - ?
D/120JCT-LS 12-port analog + voice - US$1500 ebay

cheers,
Woody