[Asterisk-Users] X100P creating a short-circuit on line

John Laur johnl at blurbco.com
Sun Jun 15 14:38:20 MST 2003

> After carried out some local tests, the BT engineer confirmed that the
> detected line fault was caused by the X100P. We have disconnected the
> X100P from the PSTN line for now in case it would trigger the line
> fault test again (and we'll be charged for the engineer visit). I
> suspect that the BT automatic line testing has detected a difference in
> on-hook line impedance with the X100P instead of a "dead short" as
> reported by the engineer.
>
> Has anyone come across a problem like that with their X100P and UK
> telcos?

I am not in the UK, but I am having a similar issue with X100P and the
on-hook impedance (I guess that is what is causing the problem) -- here is
the description of what I am getting:
I have glommed asterisk on top of an existing old PBX (AT&T Spirit
1224/2448). The PBX has two analog ports for analog devices such as
modems/fax/speakerphones, etc. I have tried to connect the X100P's to
these ports, but the PBX detects the lines as in-use, though they are
actually on hook, and will not allow them to ring in or be picked up for
call-outs from attached phones.
I do not think it is necessarily a hardware issue, as the line-in-use
lights do not light until the wcfxo kernel module is loaded. It would be
very nice for asterisk to be able to share these lines via the PBX..
John