[Asterisk-Users] Re: Application, Dialplan not loading

Mark Spencer markster at digium.com
Sun Jun 15 12:51:56 MST 2003

> And that I do get some of the channels loading, e.g., the modem channel:
>
> > open("/usr/local/lib/asterisk/modules/chan_modem.so", O_RDONLY) = 8
>
> And if I load the apps via "load app_playback.so",
>
> > open("/usr/local/lib/asterisk/modules/app_playback.so", O_RDONLY) = 25

It would seem that the most likely thing is that something about the
autoloader doesn't agree with having your modules in a different directory
than the default /usr/lib/asterisk/modules.  I must have missed where you
mentioned changing the install directory in your original message, sorry.

I'll try to check but if you get it before me just send me a patch, it's
gotta be something silly.

> * I have only sound cards, no hardware. Since as far as I can tell --
> documentation doesn't seem to cover this issue --  I must have some
> interface running in order to load a context, I've done the following on
> my machine, which uses ALSA for sound. I've proceeded in stages trying
> various combinations:

No, you don't need any kind of interface at all.

Mark