[Asterisk-Users] Re: Application, Dialplan not loading

Moshe Yudkowsky speech at pobox.com
Sun Jun 15 05:41:18 MST 2003

strace does show that that modules.conf loads:

> open("/etc/asterisk/modules.conf", O_RDONLY) = 8

And that I do get some of the channels loading, e.g., the modem channel:

> open("/usr/local/lib/asterisk/modules/chan_modem.so", O_RDONLY) = 8

And if I load the apps via "load app_playback.so",

> open("/usr/local/lib/asterisk/modules/app_playback.so", O_RDONLY) = 25

so it's not as if though load can't find the apps in the directory.
Autoload doesn't load them.

Other notes:

* I have only sound cards, no hardware. Since as far as I can tell --
documentation doesn't seem to cover this issue --  I must have some
interface running in order to load a context, I've done the following on
my machine, which uses ALSA for sound. I've proceeded in stages trying
various combinations:

+ alsa.conf:

context=default

+ oss.conf:

context=default

+ sip.conf:

context=demo

+ extentions.conf:

[default]
include => demo

I've tried other permutations, including simplified dial plans, pointing
  sip.conf directly at the default context, etc.

Regardless, "dial 500" doesn't work from the console, and neither does
"dial 500 at demo".

"show dialplan" shows only the "parkedcalls" dialplan from parking.conf.

* This is a *change* in behaviour. I *was* able to get this to work
previously. The only major change in my system is that I'm using alsa
0.9.4 that I compiled myself -- but that version of alsa works better
than previous versions.

* The pre-compiled .deb's from the official Debian have the same
problem. (This problem started after I recompiled the CVS to help
resolve the problem with the official Debian. Silly me...)

* I attach to this email a text file, listing.cvs, with some output that
shows the current state of the system.

(NOTE: I modified the makefile every so slightly to place asterisk
entirely in the /usr/local/[s]bin & /var/local directories, especially
as I implemented "uninstall" and didn't want a development error wiping
out the /usr/[s]bin  directories. However, the problem I've described
occurs even if I load everything into non-local/ directories, so it's
not vestigal hardcode as far as I can tell.)

I would appreciate any thought you have on this matter.

--
  Moshe Yudkowsky * http://www.Disaggregate.com